The Inn Marin has incorporated Corporate Social Responsibility into our business since the day we opened our doors. The Inn Marin is a leader in CSR in four areas: Community Involvement, Community Give-Back, Employee Enhancement & Retention and Green Initiatives.
Our team members have served thousands of volunteer hours on boards and committees of the following community organizations:
- Novato Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors Tourism, Art and Wine Festival, Golf , and Women in Business Committees
- Leadership of Meeting Professionals International Northern CA Chapter (MPINCC) for 5 years Board of Directors, Outreach Committee Chair , Membership and Gala Committees
- Society of Government Meeting Planners (SGMP) Membership
- Ignacio Rotary Board, President Ignacio Rotary and Monte Carlo Night Chair
- Marin Convention and Visitor’s Bureau Board of Directors 12 years, President for one term
- Cub Scouts Leader
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Canine Heroes Gala
- Green Meetings Industry Council Northern CA Chapter Board of Directors for Education
Community Give Back Programs
- The Inn Marin joined Hotels that Help in July of 2009 proceeds, are donated to Marin Community Food Bank.
- Rickey’s Community Partners Program donated $15,857.90 to local non-profits in 2009 and 2010
- Partnered with the Green Industry Meeting Council Northern CA to create a half day educational conference Green Meetings – Making it Real featuring keynote speaker Hunter Lovins, Time Magazine’s 2000 Hero of the Planet
- In the past 11 years the Inn Marin and Rickey’s have donated gift certificates worth over $328,399.00 to non-profit organizations.
- To enhance the economic development of Novato and Marin County we have hosted three press familiarization tours bringing over 70 travel writers to show what Marin County has to offer as a destination to the world.
Employee Enhancement and Retention
- Memberships in professional organizations and paid registration for professional development educational programs
- Excellent medical insurance and generous vacation policy
- Named Best to Place to Work by the North Bay Business Journal 2007, 2009 and 2010. First Hotel in the North Bay to make the list.
Green Initiatives – State of California Green Lodging Certified at Leadership Level
Already a Bay Area Green Business designated by Marin County, Inn Marin was recently awarded State Certification at the Leadership Level for California’s Green Hotel Certification program. This is the highest honor bestowed upon hotels after a rigorous inspection and Inn Marin is the first property in California to receive this certification under the newly introduced and enhanced Green Lodging program, which is administered by the State of California General Services Administration. This certification comes only months after Inn Marin completed its recent green renovation.
Inn Marin has also partnered with Green Meetings Industry Council Northern California Chapter (GMICNCC), and is dedicated to transforming, promoting and supporting the local region as the premier green event destination through education, networking and sustainable practice. Read More…